Our dental team at Frontier Dental has one goal: to provide high-quality dental care in a comfortable and warm setting. From the second you walk through our doors you can expect to be treated with kindness, honesty, and genuine concern for your dental needs. Our patient approach centers on respect, empathy, and integrity for the Medina, OH family community.
We are incredibly proud of our amazing dental staff that works together to ensure we meet all your needs. Our team excels at building trusting patient relationships to provide excellent customized dental treatments.
We believe that you will notice the difference from your first appointment, and we look forward to establishing a long dental relationship. All of us at Frontier Dental look forward to meeting you in person. Please take a moment to meet the members of our dental staff, then give us a call to start your smile journey!
Dr. Sanjay Karunagaran
Board Certified Prosthodontist
Dr. Karunagaran is a Board Certified Prosthodontist and he studied Dentistry at several institutions in the United Kingdom and the United States. Dr. Karunagaran grew up in England, in Hampton which is an area famous for its palace which belonged to King Henry VIII and was built in 1515 (Hampton Court Palace)
He was educated in one of England's most prestigious private Boarding Schools that has a long standing tradition with Medicine and Dentistry (Epsom College)
Dr Karunagaran then went on to attend one of England's redbrick Universities and the oldest dental school in the United Kingdom (University of Birmingham)
Following that Dr. Karunagaran made the move over to the United States to further his education.
- BDS (Bachelor in Dental Surgery) - University of Birmingham College of Dentistry
- DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery) - University of Detroit Mercy
- MSD (Master of Science in Dentistry) - Indiana University and Purdue University
- Certificate in Operative Dentistry - Indiana University
- Certificate in Prosthodontics- University of Tennessee
- Certificate in General Dentistry - University of London
- Fellowship in Prosthodontics- New York University
He is Board Certified by the American Board of Prosthodontics and is a Fellow of the American College of Prosthodontists. Only 30% of Prosthodontist hold this position nationally; in fact, Dr. Karunagaran services the whole NE Ohio region, including Wadsworth, Medina, Hinckley, Akron, Copley, Canton and Fairlawn. He welcomes patients from any distance, including patients from out-of-state and many from out of the country. He holds professional affiliations with the following associations:
- Diplomate, American Board of Prosthodontics
- Fellow, American College of Prosthodontists
- Fellow, Royal Society of Health
- Member, American Dental Association
- Member, Ohio Dental Association
- Member, Medina Dental Society
Dr. Karunagaran has held numerous employment positions and continues to stay current with his knowledge and training:
- Staff Dentist, Cleveland Clinic Head and Neck Institute
- Medical Staff, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine
- Assistant Professor, University of Tennessee
- Assistant Professor, Virginia Commonwealth University
Dr. Karunagaran has also published articles in multiple dental journals and prosthodontic textbooks. He established his dental office because he wanted to have complete autonomy in the way he treats his patients by providing them with the best treatment he can. He selects his patients carefully so that they can work together and establish a relationship built on mutual trust and respect. At Frontier Dental, our goal is to combine compassion and integrity with high-quality dental care—because your oral health and smile satisfaction comes first!
Dr. Karunagaran met his wife Ahila, a Physician from Strongsville, and together they have a two year old son. They have friends and family in the area and they are committed to staying in Ohio, their forever home.They decided to set up this dental practice in the Medina area because of the wonderful community and the people !
Dr Michael Horan
Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
Dr. Michael Horan was born and raised in southern Ohio where he completed bachelor’s degree in Biology from John Carroll University in Cleveland where he was also a member of the varsity football team. After completing college he returned to Cincinnati where he began his research career at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine/VA Medical Center. During this time he also became interested in dentistry through a close friend of the family. Dr. Horan was accepted into the Dental Scientist Training Program at the Ohio State University College of Dentistry and became the first student to complete this program with both a Doctorate of Dental Surgery and Doctorate of Philosophy in Oral Biology.
While attending OSU, Dr. Horan married his wife Julie and together they moved to Cleveland where Dr. Horan continued his dental education as a Resident in the Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine. During his Residency, Dr. Horan obtained his third Doctorate degree in Medicine from the Case Western Reserve School of Medicine.
Following the completion of his residency, Dr. Horan practiced briefly at the VA Medical Center before taking on the role of Section Head of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. During that time the forged a strong working relationship with Dr. Karunagaran while treating complex oral and maxillofacial prosthodontic patients. Dr. Horan is working to support Dr. K’s prosthodontic practice while also performing minor oral and maxillofacial surgery procedures.
Dr. Horan currently resides in Bratenahl, Ohio, with his wife and two daughters. In his spare time he enjoys engaging in outdoor activities, attending his daughter’s sporting events and playing with his 2 béarnaise mountain dogs, Pablo and Santo.
- Case Western Reserve University College of Dentistry/University Hospital- Certificate Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- University Hospitals of Cleveland Case Medical Center- Certificate Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Case Western Reserve University College of Medicine- Doctor of Medicine (M.D)
- The Ohio State University College of Dentistry- Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S)
- The Ohio State University Graduate School- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- John Carroll University- Bachelor of Science B.S.
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (Diplomate)
- American College of Surgeons (Fellow)
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (Fellow)
- Ohio Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- Ohio Dental Association
- Cleveland Dental Association
- Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA), Oral and Maxillofacial Residency Site Reviewer
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery - Diplomate
- Cleveland Clinic. Head and Neck Institute. Section Head of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Case Western Reserve University. School of Dental Medicine. Assistant Professor.
- Case Western Reserve University. Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine at Case Western Reserve University. Dept. of Surgery. Assistant Professor.
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Dental Service, Cleveland, OH. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
- Northeast Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Euclid, OH. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon (Associate)
- American Dental Centers, Mentor, OH. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon (Associate)
Dr. Anna Lesondra
Dr. Anna Lesondra, “Dr. Ann," was born and raised in Iloilo City, Philippines. She received her Doctorate of Dental Medicine at Iloilo Doctors’ College School of Dentistry in 2001 and passed her dental board licensure exam that same year. She practiced general dentistry for five years until she moved to the United States eleven years ago to join her husband. They settled in the Cleveland area, and she took a break from dentistry to stay home and raise her two kids. When she began to look for opportunities to get back into dentistry, she found the perfect match with Frontier Dental. She manages the office and front desk and can also often be seen assisting Dr. K during procedures. Dr. Ann brings a friendly and comforting atmosphere to the office that it is much appreciated by the Frontier Dental family (patients and staff).
- DMD (Doctor of Dental Medicine)- lloilo Doctors College School of Dentistry
Rachel Kinsey was born and raised in Beaver, PA. She was employed by PNC Bank as a Business Banker in Pittsburgh, PA. She moved here to Medina with her husband and son. Her husband, Frederick Kinsey, is also in the Dental field as a Dental Consultant with Roe Dental Laboratory. Rachel is now the Dental Receptionist here at Frontier Dental and looks forward to speaking with you.