Our dental team at Frontier Dental has one goal: to provide high-quality dental care in a comfortable and warm setting. From the second you walk through our doors you can expect to be treated with kindness, honesty, and genuine concern for your dental needs. Our patient approach centers on respect, empathy, and integrity for the Medina, OH family community.
We are incredibly proud of our amazing dental staff that works together to ensure we meet all your needs. Our team excels at building trusting patient relationships to provide excellent customized dental treatments.
We believe that you will notice the difference from your first appointment, and we look forward to establishing a long dental relationship. All of us at Frontier Dental look forward to meeting you in person. Please take a moment to meet the members of our dental staff, then give us a call to start your smile journey!
Dr. Sanjay Karunagaran
Board Certified Prosthodontist
Dr. Karunagaran is a Board Certified Prosthodontist and he studied Dentistry at several institutions in the United Kingdom and the United States:
- BDS (Bachelor in Dental Surgery) - University of Birmingham College of Dentistry
- DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery) - University of Detroit Mercy
- MSD (Master of Science in Dentistry) - Indiana University and Purdue University
- Certificate in Operative Dentistry - Indiana University
- Certificate in Prosthodontics- University of Tennessee
- Certificate in General Dentistry - University of London
- Fellowship in Prosthodontics- New York University
He is Board Certified by the American Board of Prosthodontics and is a Fellow of the American College of Prosthodontists. Only 30% of Prosthodontist hold this position nationally; in fact, Dr. Karunagaran services the whole NE Ohio region, including Wadsworth, Medina, Hinckley, Akron, Copley, Canton and Fairlawn. He welcomes patients from any distance, including patients from out-of-state and many from out of the country. He holds professional affiliations with the following associations:
- Diplomate, American Board of Prosthodontics
- Fellow, American College of Prosthodontists
- Fellow, Royal Society of Health
- Member, American Dental Association
- Member, Ohio Dental Association
- Member, Medina Dental Society
Dr. Karunagaran has held numerous employment positions and continues to stay current with his knowledge and training:
- Staff Dentist, Cleveland Clinic Head and Neck Institute
- Medical Staff, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine
- Assistant Professor, University of Tennessee
- Assistant Professor, Virginia Commonwealth University
Dr. Karunagaran has also published articles in multiple dental journals and prosthodontic textbooks. He established his dental office because he wanted to have complete autonomy in the way he treats his patients by providing them with the best treatment he can. He selects his patients carefully so that they can work together and establish a relationship built on mutual trust and respect. At Frontier Dental, our goal is to combine compassion and integrity with high-quality dental care—because your oral health and smile satisfaction comes first!
Dr. Karunagaran met his wife Ahila, a Physician from Strongsville, and together they have a son. They have friends and family in the area and they are committed to staying in Ohio, their forever home.
Dr. Anna Lesondra
Dr. Anna Lesondra, “Dr. Ann," was born and raised in Iloilo City, Philippines. She received her Doctorate of Dental Medicine at Iloilo Doctors’ College School of Dentistry in 2001 and passed her dental board licensure exam that same year. She practiced general dentistry for five years until she moved to the United States eleven years ago to join her husband. They settled in the Cleveland area, and she took a break from dentistry to stay home and raise her two kids. When she began to look for opportunities to get back into dentistry, she found the perfect match with Frontier Dental. She manages the office and front desk and can also often be seen assisting Dr. K during procedures. Dr. Ann brings a friendly and comforting atmosphere to the office that it is much appreciated by the Frontier Dental family (patients and staff).
- DMD (Doctor of Dental Medicine)- lloilo Doctors College School of Dentistry