Dr. Sanjay Karunagaran, BDS, DDS, MSD, FACP,
Board Certified Prosthodontist
Dr. Karunagaran is a Board Certified Prosthodontist and he studied Dentistry at several institutions in the United Kingdom and the United States. Dr. Karunagaran grew up in England, in Hampton which is an area famous for its palace which belonged to King Henry VIII and was built in 1515 (Hampton Court Palace)
He was educated in one of England's most prestigious private Boarding Schools that has a long standing tradition with Medicine and Dentistry (Epsom College)
Dr Karunagaran then went on to attend one of England's redbrick Universities and the oldest dental school in the United Kingdom (University of Birmingham)
Following that Dr. Karunagaran made the move over to the United States to further his education.
- BDS (Bachelor in Dental Surgery) - University of Birmingham College of Dentistry
- DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery) - University of Detroit Mercy
- MSD (Master of Science in Dentistry) - Indiana University and Purdue University
- Certificate in Operative Dentistry - Indiana University
- Certificate in Prosthodontics- University of Tennessee
- Certificate in General Dentistry - University of London
- Fellowship in Prosthodontics- New York University
He is Board Certified by the American Board of Prosthodontics and is a Fellow of the American College of Prosthodontists. Only 30% of Prosthodontist hold this position nationally; in fact, Dr. Karunagaran services the whole NE Ohio region, including Wadsworth, Medina, Hinckley, Akron, Copley, Canton and Fairlawn. He welcomes patients from any distance, including patients from out-of-state and many from out of the country. He holds professional affiliations with the following associations:
- Diplomate, American Board of Prosthodontics
- Fellow, American College of Prosthodontists
Dr. Karunagaran has held numerous employment positions and continues to stay current with his knowledge and training:
- Staff Dentist, Cleveland Clinic Head and Neck Institute
- Medical Staff, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine
- Assistant Professor, University of Tennessee
- Assistant Professor, Virginia Commonwealth University
Dr. Karunagaran has also published articles in multiple dental journals and prosthodontic textbooks. He established his dental office because he wanted to have complete autonomy in the way he treats his patients by providing them with the best treatment he can. He selects his patients carefully so that they can work together and establish a relationship built on mutual trust and respect. At Frontier Dental, our goal is to combine compassion and integrity with high-quality dental care—because your oral health and smile satisfaction comes first!
Dr. Karunagaran met his wife Ahila, a Physician from Strongsville, and together they have a two year old son. They have friends and family in the area and they are committed to staying in Ohio, their forever home.They decided to set up this dental practice in the Medina area because of the wonderful community and the people !